Wednesday, May 05, 2010

.. and then you realise you're all alone

Still, I like these long busrides alone even if I've got not too much to think about on a particular day (when you're too tired of life, thinking isn't of much help). I normally move to the back of the bus but I thought the front seat would be pretty relaxing too.

You don't see so many empty seats near you or around you.

So I put "ballad of paul K" (mcfly) on repeat and watched the streetlights and the people at the back of the bus (through the glass) The reflections on the glass were too irresistable, so I took a few shots :)














I don't enjoy being alone all the time though. After the Huff! musical (put up by srjc chorale and leads kenneth, haojing, syed and victoria. Good job guys must've been an experience!), I intended to talk to some of them but after awhile, I realised I was all alone.

I don't know, its not as though I had nobody to talk to but it was that same feeling all over again - having many to say hi to but not one to be by your side all the time. I didn't want to be extra and be with somebody I'm not too close to at that time, and standing in front of all the peformers taking photos made me feel like an idiot.

"have you ever been alone in a crowded room" felt so real all of a sudden. In the end, I walked to the library and did a little art.


The walk to the bus stop was a quiet one, the walk out of the library was a quiet one, the walk alone to the next bus stop was a quiet one. Somehow it didn't feel so quiet when I was alone, but when you're with somebody and don't have much to say, the silence kills.


Knowing the person's not a stranger yet you've got nothing to say. So we always end up saying "sorry, I'm really tired" as an excuse.

I've done that far too many times.




I miss last year all of a sudden. Preparing for promos at the benches outside LT5 or at the cafe. I miss it because at that moment, it felt like things would remain like that forever. I thought I'd be there till the end of the A's. Well, I'm not there anymore, am I?

No comments: